Celebrating the indepence of India
Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav is a Government of India initiative, a grand celebration of 75 years of India’s independence. This monumental occasion is not just about marking the passage of time; it’s a heartfelt tribute to the Indian people, their rich heritage, and remarkable achievements. It signifies the enduring spirit of a nation that has not only made significant strides in its journey but also possesses the potential to realize Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of India 2.0, fueled by the principles of Aatmanirbhar Bharat or self-reliant India.
The official commencement of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav on March 12, 2021, set the stage for a 75-week countdown, culminating in the 75th anniversary of independence on August 15, 2023. This jubilant journey is centered around five core themes:
1. Freedom Struggle: Reflecting on the inspiring saga of India’s fight for independence and the sacrifices made by countless individuals.
2. Ideas at 75: Exploring India’s intellectual and cultural heritage, which has contributed significantly to the world.
3. Achievements at 75: Celebrating India’s accomplishments in diverse fields, from science and technology to sports and arts.
4. Actions at 75: Encouraging active participation in national development and social initiatives.
5. Youth at 75: Empowering and engaging the youth to shape India’s future.